Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: I like chocolate

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:11:50 +0100

pc:
[email-masked] writes:
#<<
#>Having a delusion is coverd by the usually safe {mi viska li'i sincrboa}
#
#I suppose you mean {se li'i}, "I'm a visual experiencer of
#something being a boa".
#>>
#No, I meant {li'i} though I left out the {le} . Apparently the meaning has 
#changed since the word was created by someone who lived primarily in a 
#disembodied experiental mode.

It hasn't changed its meaning AFAIK. It's just that "viska lo li'i" means
"see an experience", not "have an experience of seeing". That doesn't
mean there's no way to say "have the experience of seeing", though.

#<<
#>Using {tu'a} does not literally change the level of abstraction, since
#>everything is on the same level in Lojban.
#
#I think {fasnu} and {dacti} are not synonymous. To that extent
#at least nu-things are not at the same level as sofa-things.
#>>
#{mlatu} and {gerku} aren't synonymous either -- which is on the higher level 
#of abstaction?

IMO, the Lojban technical term "abstraction" is primarily grammatical
rather than semantic -- an event is indeed no more abstract than 
a participant in an event. So really "abstraction" just means "selmaho
NU". {tu'a ko'a} is therefore an abbreviation for {le su'u ko'a co'e},
no more and no less. 

--And.