Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: I like chocolate

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:42:33 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>Is {tu'a da} a cover for {tu'o du'u da zo'u ce'u co'e da}? That is the
>crux, and I think we all want the answer to be Yes.

We all want that as far as where the quantifier goes, I'm sure
about that.

But in general, {tu'a da} is a cover for any of:
{tu'o du'u da zo'u ce'u co'e da}
{tu'o du'u da zo'u co'e da}
{tu'o? nu da zo'u co'e da}

and possibly others. Which one it is depends on where it is used.
It's a du'u in a place that accepts {du'u}s, a nu in a place that
accepts {nu}s.

>BTW, are you actually proposing locutions like {nelci tu'a lo cakla},
>{nelci tu'o du'u ce'u co'e lo cakla}? To me, those don't mean the
>same thing as "I like chocolate".

I don't think he was proposing that. In this case, x2 of nelci
accepts {nu}s, not {du'u}s, so it means {nelci ?? nu co'e lo cakla}.
(I think ?? = {tu'o} or equivalently {lo'e}.)

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com