Subject: [lojban] ka versus du'u

From: "Lionel Vidal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:02:27 +0200

la xorxes cusku di'e
> {ka ce'u broda} is equivalent to {du'u ce'u broda} 
> There was a lot of discussion about this in the past. You can
> just read {du'u ce'u} as {ka} if you like. The difference
> between {du'u} and {ka} is that when no {ce'u} is made 
> explicit, then {ka} indicates that there is at least one
> while {du'u} indicates that there is none.

I don't understand (again :-)
A property abstraction is not the same as a predication abstraction.
(an indication of this seems to be that a useful x2 place has be given
to du'u and not to ka).
And on the other hand I see no reference in the book for the use of ce'u
with du'u.

But I do not want to trigger again a discussion you had before: maybe
you could just give me a reference in the list archive. Or maybe pc
wrote a summary of this discussion issues, like some others I found 
in the archives.

mu'omi'e lioNEL