Subject: Re: [lojban] figurative painting & anti-zi'o (was: RE: Re: I like chocolate

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 23:08:44 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>So in the end I went
>for "fe zi'o nai cintyxra" -- "zi'o nai" as an anti-zi'o saying
>"be reminded that this sumti place is present!". Jorge in his
>brilliant retranslation clearly didn't know what to make of this,
>since he just translated it as "painting".

I had forgotten about that, I had meant to ask you about it.
As you say, I had no idea what to make of it. To tell you the
truth, I was so exhausted after trying to figure out all the
ge-gi's in that sentence, and not obtaining a satisfctory
result, that I figured it wouldn't matter anyway.

Rosenthal: Throughout the last forty years, the works of Frank
Auerbach and the very specific world they evoke have been an
inescapable presence in British figurative painting.

And: ni'o ca'o pi ro lo'e ro moi be lo'i pu nanca vo no mei da
poi finti ke'a fa la'o m Frank Auerbach m zo'u ge da gi lo'e ge
ja'a sai gi ge se steci be fi lo'i munje gi to'e se sucta gi te
xargau be fa da no mu'ei se rivbi da da'o vi lo'e brito nu fe
zi'o nai di cintyxra

Xorxes: For the last forty years the work of Frank Auerbach has
been the only world, abstract, impossible to avoid in the British
painting scene.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx