Subject: Re: [lojban] lessons in french

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:23:44 +0000

la greg cusku di'e

>In ordinary usage, I would separate these from the bridi:
>
>ienai i blanu

Yes, that's what I would do to get that sense.

But {ienai blanu} or {blanu ienai} also have meaning, to me
they express disagreement something about being blue.

>I presume a ianai on it's own would express disbelief of a previous bridi?

Yes, or whatever situation is under consideration, not necessarily
restricted to one bridi. To restrict to one bridi {ienai go'i}
or {go'i ienai}.

>I thought it pointless to go that far and I chose to neither introduce {i}
>or (and which I thought might be more controversial) {.}

I think you did a great job. But that particular example does
not agree with how I would use the language, that's all.

>the latter two we shall get to either next lesson or the one after, and 
>more
>explicit description of attitudinals will come later as well

Sounds good.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx