Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Translation request

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:26:31 +0000

la xod cusku di'e

> > > Could you translate the phrase at
> > > http://lingvo.org/dokumentoj/ksnd.html into Lojban.
>
>.a'o .i le bangu poi kampu je sampu je kulnu vudypai je remoi cei
>kysykyry. cu ralju ke nibli je tolkargu je pretru ke'e toldaspo le cusku
>nabmi be lo'e ro'opre

My take:

i lo'e kampu je sampu je nutli je remoi bangu goi KSNR cu
jicmu traji gi'e tolkargu traji gi'e rolseltru traji vau fo
lei danfu be le cusku nabmi be lo'e ropno prenu

Using {le bangu} suggests that you're talking of a particular
language, and, even though they obviously do have a particular
language in mind, they don't present it that way. (Also, KSKR
is a sumti, you can't assign it with {cei}.) Repeating traji
is necessary because they claim it is the most fundamental,
the most economic, and the most democratic, not just the most
in all three things together but the most in each of them, which
is a stronger claim.

Komuna, Simpla, Ne&#365;trala, Dua (K.S.N.D.) lingvo estas la plej 
fundamenta, la plej ekonomia, la plej demokrata solvo por la 
komunikadproblemo de la E&#365;ropa civitano.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com