Subject: corrigible vlaste? RE: Re: I like chocolate

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:10:34 +0100

pc:
> [email-masked] writes:
> <<
> Would you say that official {sisku} is just awkward (my position),
> or plain nonsensical?
> >> 
> Given that choice, I would go with "awkward," too. I would prefer 
> "ill-conceived" and "needlessly opque" (not quite the same as "awkward').

It's really the baseline that is ill-conceived. It is inevitable that
at the stage of development the language was at when it was baselined
it would be full of things awkward & ill-conceived. 

I wonder whether it would be worthwhile keeping on a wiki a ma'oste
and gi'uste where revisions can be made that correct some of the faults
of the baselined versions -- stripping out unnecessary sumti places,
making place structures consistent, revising definitions, etc. That
way we have some sort of ongoing record of what the vocab should be
like had it not been baselined, and it also means that we have a
shared point of reference.

Whenever Jorge points out flaws in the gismu, I invariably agree
with him, but don't keep records of the revisions that his remarks
imply. It would be useful to record these in the form of a corrigible
vlaste.

--And.