Subject: re: [lojban] bloti/marce

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:33:22 +0200

Xod:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, G. Dyke wrote:
>
> > What is the difference between a {bloti} and a {marce}? I can work out
why
> > we have {litru}{klama}{muvdu}{cliva} (although I'm not quite convinced
that
> > there is a big enough difference between klama and muvdu), but I'm not
sure
> > how a {bloti} differs from a {marce}. In fact, I would expect the
{bloti} to
> > be the one which has the medium of transport as part of the structure.
>
>
>
> lo'i si'o bloti cu klesi lo'i si'o marce .i lo bloti cu marce fi lo djacu

Not by definition it isn't:

bloti lot blo lo'i boat /x1 is a
boat/ship/vessel [vehicle] for carrying x2, propelled by x3

Does this boat/ship/vessel intend a "float on water" gloss in the original
intention? If so, I'll make it explicit in the French gi'uste because
"vaisseau", the French of "vessel" is used of space ships as well. Are
flying saucers just {kensa marce} or are they also {kensa bloti}?

Greg

--
http://www.myepfl.ch/gregory.dyke

.i lo'e to'e makcu cu djica lenu tolcumla morsi kei lo telda'a
.i lo'e je'a makcu cu go'i to'ebo le se go'i