Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Translation request

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:59:50 +0000

la djorden cusku di'e

>Ahh i see. The hard-and-fast expansion rules only apply to sumti
>it seems?

Sumti, bridi-tails, everything but tanru.

>So then the tanru could be interpreted either way (as
>tanru are wont to be). So {traji leka sampu .e leka tolkargu}.

Yes.

>Though I think if someone wanted the meaning you're suggesting it'd
>still be better to use a nonlogical connective like jo'u (or maybe
>joi?).

I don't really know what {jo'u} means, though I thought of
something the other day that might be it:

{ko'a e ko'e klama le zarci} means that ko'a goes to the market
and ko'e goes to the market, but the two actions need not be
related. {ko'a joi ko'e klama le zarci} means that as a team they
go, but it does not entail that {ko'a klama} or {ko'e klama}, in
some cases it might be enough that only one of them does the actual
moving. So I suggest that {ko'a jo'u ko'e klama le zarci} means
{ge ko'a e ko'e gi ko'a joi ko'e klama le zarci}: each of them
goes, and also they go together.

All that is about sumti connection though. I can't very well
tell what the difference is between {broda je brode} and
{broda joi brode}, so though {broda jo'u brode} would mean
(if what I said before holds) {gu'e broda je brode gi broda joi
brode}, I don't know what that is.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com