Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Translation request

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 05:40:22 +0000

la djorden cusku di'e

>It may or may not be true, but the speaker isn't claiming its truth,
>because its truth isn't relevant to the truth of the jo'u.

Ok, you may be right, but then I don't know what
{ko'a jo'u ko'e klama} means as different from {ko'a joi ko'e klama}.
That was just an idea to give it some sense.

>The default quantifier on a mass is pisu'o, so it's not the whole
>mass by default.

The default quantifier on {loi} is pisu'o. That means that
{loi broda} selects from masses formed from any number of members
of {lo'i broda}, not just the one mass formed from all members.

But {ko'a joi ko'e} does not have a quantifier. It is a singular
term.

> > >The nonlogical conncectives are much clearer for me with sumti
> > >though, so I'm probably wrong :)
> >
> > Deffinitely. They've always been somewhat mysterious in tanru.
> > (And we haven't even touched the set connectives.)
>
>Set connectives work in tanru?

They are grammatical there, which is not the same as to say that
they work.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com