Subject: [lojban] Re: Tengwar on frontespieces

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 19:43:42 -0600

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:15:19AM +1000, Nick Nicholas wrote:
> (con) Tengwar is Grand Geek Central, and We Don't Want Lojban 
> Associated With It;

Bwah. Hah. Hah.

> Would anyone vehemently object to the Lessons cover art containing 
> Tengwar alongside Roman script for Lojban?

Not me.

> Would anyone objecting object less vehemently if the Tengwar is 
> somehow disguised, stylised, or deemphasised?

Though I don't think it should appear with the same sort of emphasis
as the Roman characters. IMO, the point is to avoid people thinking
(upon first look) and they're going to find any significant amount
of foreign script on the inside.

> Same question for Level 0.

I'm not worried one way or the other for level 0. Though, same thing
about deemphasis.

They both need really good artwork, though. (And high resolution, too.
600-1200 DPI. Don't want a repeat of the grainy art in the CLL)

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
X is the second worst windowing system in the
world, but all the others are tied for first.