Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: Ygyde language is better than Lojban

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 22:23:46 -0400

>Ygyde conlang is easy to pronounce, easy to
>understand, extremely easy to learn, and has
>unique ability to define all meanings in short
>(7 letters or less) compound words. Last, but
>not least, Ygyde is fun to work with. Some
>compound words are unintentionally funny. If
>you do not believe me, think of an English
>word, define it in Ygyde, and compare it with my
>definition. Is your definition better than mine?

This does not make it "better" than Lojban.
Ygyde is intended as an Auxilliary Language. Lojban is not. There is thus no
competition - why not learn both?
Lojban is just as easy to pronounce as Ygyde - more so, since in Lojban we
are actually told how to pronounce things. In Ygyde, I don't know if y is
/@/, /y/, or something totally different.
Lojban also defines all meanings in relatively short compound words. IIRC,
someone came up with a lujvo for "the process by which an acorn falls into
the water and becomes a duck". Can you do that in Ygyde with your "only
seven letters" rule?
Lojban is also a lot of fun to work with. Otherwise, it wouldn't have a few
hundred people working with it.
And besides, some words or phrases are unintentionally funny in any
language. For example, in Mandarin Chinese the difference between asking
your waitress for shui jiao (a kind of dumpling) and asking her for sex is
only one of tone. And there are always the bilingual puns: Mr. Wo, an
Esperantist, left his wife because she was a Wino. And ask me sometime about
the Spanish speaker buying socks.