Subject: [lojban] Re: cmavo for emphasis?

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:16:50 -0600

On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:19:22AM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> Interestingly someone took the trouble to edit such a casual f-word
> out of my wiki page the other day; perhaps it is only British
> sensibilities that are inured to it.

Me, actually. Seemed a bit more appropriate since it is, after all, the
first thing Google turns up for you.

> > Anything I said about your rightness or wrongness was entirely in
> > the scope of whether or not it worked for emphasis. (Except the
> > missing 'cu's. :)
> 
> Does "broda du" parse as a tanru?

Sure...

> What I had in mind was the competence to express yourself in Lojban
> so that the meaning encoded by your sentences matches the meaning
> you intended to express linguistically; it's that competence that I
> feel remains underdeveloped in the community.

...but then those sentences, if I remember them correctly, would've
lacked a selbri, and not really meant much. (Least of all what was
intended. ;)

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
X is the second worst windowing system in the
world, but all the others are tied for first.