Subject: [lojban] Re: cmavo for emphasis?

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 14:34:08 +0100

Jay:
#On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 01:19:22AM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
#> Interestingly someone took the trouble to edit such a casual f-word
#> out of my wiki page the other day; perhaps it is only British
#> sensibilities that are inured to it.
#
#Me, actually. Seemed a bit more appropriate since it is, after all, the
#first thing Google turns up for you.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that.

#> What I had in mind was the competence to express yourself in Lojban
#> so that the meaning encoded by your sentences matches the meaning
#> you intended to express linguistically; it's that competence that I
#> feel remains underdeveloped in the community.
#
#...but then those sentences, if I remember them correctly, would've
#lacked a selbri, and not really meant much. (Least of all what was
#intended. ;)

I wasn't holding myself up as someone who does have the kind of
competence I was describing (because I don't have it). I have hardly 
any instinctual feel for the language at a textual level.

--And.