Subject: Re: [lojban] paroi ro mentu

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:57:00 EDT

In a message dated 9/26/2002 6:01:18 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> le plini cu mulcarna paroi ro mentu
> 
> 1- Is {mulcarna} good for "x1 makes a full turn around x2
> in direction x3"?
>>
I tend to see what something takes a turn around as a center rather than an 
axis, which {carna} seems to require -- is this a legitimate extension? 

<<
2- The problem with {paroi ro mentu} is that the quantifiers
are in the wrong order. The alternative {ro da poi mentu zo'u
le plini cu mulcarna paroi da} is too longwinded and requires
forethought. Any ideas?
Why doesn't this mean "the planet makes a full turn around all minutes once," 
i.e., why isn't {ro mentu} x2? {paroi} seems to be a free modifier so has 
at most rhetorical effect on its neighbors and there is nothing in CLL or the 
cmavo list to suggest that {PAroi} takes a sumti to indicate the span within 
which the repetitions are counted (though maybe it should). 
Maybe something like {ca ro mentu le plini paroi mulcarna}, though I'd be 
happier with something more intervally than {ca} -- can {ze'e} be used in 
that way (there used to be something like {ci'a}, but that may be all th way 
back to Loglan.