Subject: Re: interactions between tenses, other tenses, and NA

From: "jjllambias2000" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:38:45 -0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

> As usual, "logical" applied to Lojban means "how to do it in the 
usual 
> language of formal logic," which, in this case (as usually), is the 
standrad 
> Lojban convention. 

If I understand correctly, "the usual language of formal
logic" would have something like ~Fab

This can be described as:

1- Negation in front of the predicate
2- Negation in front of the whole expression

Lojban does: a~Fb, so as far as negation goes, it either follows 
the usual language of formal logic (by 1) or it does not follow the
usual language of formal logic (by 2).

>(But there are perfectly good logical systems tht do it 
> otherwise -- including especially ones that, like Lojban, are SVO 
rather than 
> VSO.)

Right.

mu'o mi'e xorxes