Subject: [lojban] Re: paroi ro mentu

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:02:35 -0500

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 12:33:56AM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> jordan:
> > After the baseline ends, if there is sufficent desire for it a cmavo
> > could be created to invert tag scope, so you would say
> > ro mentu <some cmavo> paroi
> > (for all minutes once). This requires a real grammar change and
> > such though, so I don't advocate using it until/unless it were to
> > be adopted into the official grammar after the baseline.
> > (It would need to add a
> > term -> sumti <that cmavo> tag
> > rule).
> 
> Couldn't you just use an experimental cmavo in UI?

Well you could, but it's somewhat lame. I think it would be nicer
either to preserve the order of the quantifiers by doing something
which would invert them, or to make it have its own selma'o so it
would only be allowed in the rule for terms formed from tag+sumti.

Either way it's definitely not a pressing concern that is worth
violating the baseline over: it seems to make sense that things
should still go left to right for terms made from tag+sumti, and
it can always be overidden with a prenex.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku