Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: paroi ro mentu

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:56:14 +0000

la djorden cusku di'e

> > Anyway, all this is to say that whatever rules apply to
> > {ko'a e ko'e} should equally apply to {ro le re co'e}, since
> > logically they are essentially the same thing.
>
>What chapter, please?

Chapter 22. :)

You won't find an answer to every question in the book.
If you don't agree that {ko'a e ko'e} and {ro le re co'e} are
essentially the same thing from the point of view of scopes of
quantifiers and expansions, then it is probably pointless that
we keep arguing about this, as our starting points would be too
different.

> > To make it more clear:
> >
> > paroiku mi klama la paris e la romas
> >
> > Expands to:
> >
> > paroiku zo'u ge mi klama la paris gi mi klama la romas
>
>No it doesn't. What rule are you claiming it expands to this under?

Start from {paroiku zo'u mi klama la paris e la romas} if you prefer.
The point is the same.

>The only expansion rule I know of for logical connectives clearly says
>that this becomes
> mi klama paroiku la paris .ije mi klama paroiku la romas.

What does the rule you know say for {pa le prenu cu klama la paris
e la romas}? Does it expand to:

(1) pa le prenu cu klama la paris ije pa le prenu cu klama la romas

or to:

(2) ko'a goi pa le prenu zo'u ko'a klama la paris ije ko'a klama la romas

If your answer is (2), then you agree with me, and what I'm saying
is that {paroi} should behave like {pa le prenu}. If your answer
is (1), then we disagree at such a basic level that we will never
reach an agreement about the original point we were discussing.

> > In any case, whatever applies to
> > {ko'a e ko'e} should apply as well to {ro le re co'e}.
>
>Again, what support do you have for this claim?

Just common sense. I don't like special rules cropping up
everywhere.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: 
http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx