Subject: [lojban] Re: ka ka (was: Context Leapers)

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT)

Invent Yourself scripsit:

> The book explains this with a meaningless sentences: "Example 5.4 conveys
> that the blueness comes and goes, whereas Example 5.5 conveys that its
> quantity changes over time." Specifically, the "whereas" makes it mean
> ingless because there is no difference between the two clauses. (The high
> quality of the rest of the CLL makes the conceptual chaos of this
> notorious chapter all the more noticeable.)

You betcha. I knew damned well I was skating on thin ice when I wrote
this chapter. The other really bad chapter is the logic one.

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked]
http://www.reutershealth.com http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Humpty Dump Dublin squeaks through his norse
Humpty Dump Dublin hath a horrible vorse
But for all his kinks English / And his irismanx brogues
Humpty Dump Dublin's grandada of all rogues.
--Cousin James