Subject: RE: [lojban] MELBI COI

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:57:40 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>And it seems to me that the necessary condition for the people to
>resist defeat is that they *be* united, not that they have *become*
>united. Even if they always were united, right from the outset, they
>would still never be defeated.

Yes, you're right. I think I can see now a bit more clearly
what bothered me about {lei prenu ku poi pamei}. In "el pueblo,
unido", the adjective is not used to select which people I'm
talking about, but rather which state of an already identified
people. (Not "any people which is united", but "this people when
it is united". Actually, not even "this", because "the people"
I think is taken as a singular reference, the only people that
there are.) So, can {poi} be used to select from different
worlds for the same referent?

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com