Subject: [lojban] Re: LOI PRENU GO PA MEI GI KA'E NAI TE JINGA?

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, John Cowan wrote:

> Jorge Llambias scripsit:
>
> > I don't know about {cecmu}. In Spanish, "el pueblo" has very strong
> > connotations. (I guess "the people" in English does too, but not
> > necessarily the same ones.) There probably can't be one best
> > translation, each will get better a different aspect.
>
> Of course. "The people" in English is exclusively a political term,
> for one thing.

It's a code work for the peasants + working class. The bourgeoisie are
never part of "the people", though their college age students are
eligible. na'ebo lei vlipa prenu

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn