Subject: [lojban] Re: LOI PRENU GO PA MEI GI KA'E NAI TE JINGA?

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 19:53:38 -0400

>> > I don't know about {cecmu}. In Spanish, "el pueblo" has very strong
>> > connotations. (I guess "the people" in English does too, but not
>> > necessarily the same ones.) There probably can't be one best
>> > translation, each will get better a different aspect.
>>
>> Of course. "The people" in English is exclusively a political term,
>> for one thing.

>It's a code work for the peasants + working class. The bourgeoisie are
>never part of "the people", though their college age students are
>eligible. na'ebo lei vlipa prenu

There are three cases where the bourgeoisie or other non-peasants might be
part of The People.

Those bourgeoisie who put their resources to helping The People rather than
to acting bourgeoisish may identify themselves with The People without being
contradicted. They're probably worng, but nobody will argue with them.
Those bourgeoisie who are living under feudalism and are as oppressed as
the proletariat are certainly part of The People, until the revolution, when
they become enemies of The People, which comes to mean only the proletariat.
When the bourgeois revolution comes, the proletariat benefits in the short
term.
The soldiers are part of the lower class, and thus of The People, but are
certainly not peasants and do not work. In many cases, the peasants and the
soldiers have not gotten along - hence the need for the line, "Proletariat
of the world, unite!" as a communist rallying point.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'No more deluded by reaction,
On tyrants only we'll make war.
The soldiers, too, will take strike action
They'll break ranks and fight no more.
And if those cannibals keep trying
To sacrifice us to their pride,
They soon shall hear the bullets flying -
We'll shoot the generals on our own side.'
-The Internationale

pygypy gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x22C68020