Subject: [lojban] xoi'a

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:03:49 -0400 (EDT)

Rosta, care to elaborate? I agree with the ZAhO point.

>>From the Wiki:

* xoi'a? [PU]: increasing linearly over time
* la papri xoi'a pelxu: The page is yellowing.

* xoi'e? [PU]: exponential increasing
* do xoi'e lojbo certu: You're learning Lojban at an exponential
rate.

* Semantically, xoi'a/xoi'e belong in ZAhO, since they deal with
change in truth over time. For example, co'a is change from categorically
false to categorically true. xoi'a/xoi'e deal with rates of increase in
degree of truth. However, there are several possible rates of increase,
and there is also the possibility of decrease, so I think this domain of
meaning requires some more comprehensive proposal than simply these two
cmavo. --And

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn