Subject: Re: [lojban] preventing cartmanism (was: RE: Re: a new kind of fundamentalism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:37:45 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/2002 7:21:38 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<<
> My view continues to be that the best
> solution is to ghettoize (to different lists and different areas
> of the wiki) the controversial activities of the various factions, 
> and reserve the common forums for uncontroversial things. Lojbab
> seems to have come round to this view recently. 
>>
Unfortunately, there is more than ample evidence that there are no 
uncontroversial things. I suppose this means that as soon as controversy 
arises (or reaches a fuzzy point of enough intensity) the combatants should 
shift to list -- presumably reporting back the conclusion -- if any -- to the 
original site.
This would be simplified, by the way, if lojbanlist made the list the 
automatic recipient of replies, rather than the originator of the message 
replied to. Then, once thelist was shifted, there would be no excuse for 
slipping back to the general list accidentally.