Subject: Re: [lojban] preventing cartmanism (was: RE: Re: a new kind of fundamentalism

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:47:21 -0400

At 10:37 AM 10/4/02 -0400, pc wrote:
>In a message dated 10/4/2002 7:21:38 AM Central Daylight Time, 
>[email-masked] writes:
><<
>>My view continues to be that the best
>>solution is to ghettoize (to different lists and different areas
>>of the wiki) the controversial activities of the various factions,
>>and reserve the common forums for uncontroversial things. Lojbab
>>seems to have come round to this view recently.
>
> >>
>Unfortunately, there is more than ample evidence that there are no 
>uncontroversial things. I suppose this means that as soon as controversy 
>arises (or reaches a fuzzy point of enough intensity) the combatants 
>should shift to list -- presumably reporting back the conclusion -- if any 
>-- to the original site.
>This would be simplified, by the way, if lojbanlist made the list the 
>automatic recipient of replies, rather than the originator of the message 
>replied to. Then, once thelist was shifted, there would be no excuse for 
>slipping back to the general list accidentally.

The new multiplicity of lists is probably the best argument for this I've 
yet seen. In any event, as Robin mirrors lists over to the lojban.org 
site, he can set it up that way and then people can have either default.

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org