Subject: [lojban] Re: a new kind of fundamentalism

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:30:49 -0400 (EDT)

And Rosta scripsit:

> I don't have anything remotely approaching mastery of usage. My
> usage of the past, though it contained grammatical errors, was
> more saliently characterized for being perversely difficult, in
> that I deliberately tried to exploit the possibilities allowed
> by the grammar, rather than staying within the much narrower
> bounds of conventions of usage. 

As I recall, you would write

le broda cu brode le brodi le brodo

correctly but perversely as:

brode be fa le broda bei fe le brodi bei fi le brodo

which when nested a bit deeper caused the reader to go blind.

-- 
John Cowan [email-masked] www.reutershealth.com www.ccil.org/~cowan
Consider the matter of Analytic Philosophy. Dennett and Bennett are well-known.
Dennett rarely or never cites Bennett, so Bennett rarely or never cites Dennett.
There is also one Dummett. By their works shall ye know them. However, just as
no trinities have fourth persons (Zeppo Marx notwithstanding), Bummett is hardly
known by his works. Indeed, Bummett does not exist. It is part of the function
of this and other e-mail messages, therefore, to do what they can to create him.