Subject: e'i

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:12:10 +0000

la pycyn cusku di'e

>And som I have no idea
>what they do or mean ({e'i} for example).

I had a similar feeling about {e'i} until recently, but
I "discovered" what it means while translating Le Petit
Prince. I had two occasions to use it:

i e'i lo'e verba cu mutce fraxu lo'e makcu prenu

and:

-- i mi mutce nelci lo'e solri nu canci i e'u mi'o viska
lo solri nu canci

-- i ku'i e'i mi'o denpa

-- i denpa ma

-- i denpa le nu le solri cu canci

We can say that whereas {ei} indicates how things must be
(necessarily should be) in an ideal world, {e'i} indicates how
things must be (necessarily are) in this world.
{ei}: this is how things should be.
{e'i}: this is how things are and we must accomodate.

>From the parallel discussion about ka'e/ca'a being held on the
Wiki, I'm tempted to draw the analogy: ei:e'i::ka'e::ca'a

Another parallelism: au:a'o:ui::nu'o:ka'e:ca'a

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com