Subject: [lojban] Re: Again with the Alice.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:09:16 -0700

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 11:57:58PM +0200, Adam Raizen wrote:
> la camgusmis. cusku di'e
> 
> > I redid Chapter 1 again.
> >
> > Now each paragraph has link to next, previous, and up.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think. Pretty please?
> 
> I don't know how it was before you added the links, 

Did you look at Chapter 2?

> but I don't think that I could stand having each paragraph on its own
> page; it would interrupt the flow of translating and be very annoying.
> Other than that, making it more wiki-like is good. Perhaps you could
> just run them all together.

Look at AliceChapter1Complete

> Btw, I assume it would not be a problem to click on edit for a page,
> disconnect from the internet, translate some, and then reconnect and
> submit it (some of us have dialup accounts, and have to pay for local
> calls).

And that is *exactly* why I split it into paragraphs:

While you are gone the page is locked. People can break the lock, but
then things get messy. I didn't want whole chapters to be locked at
once long term.

It expires after one hour, but still. And this way I can increase that
time limit.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ http://www.lojban.org/
la lojban. jai curmi roda .einai to ku'i so'ada mukti le nu co'a
darlu le'o -- RLP I'm a *male* Robin.