Subject: Re: Re: [Announcement] The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:37:23 +1000

> I suppose I can't complain about this, since those were the
> rules from the beginning, but having done more than 90% of
> the translation, I have grown a bit possesive of it.

.i .u'i semu'ibo mi cajeba .ainai na cmima lo gumni poi finti lo larcu 
se ciska

> We could argue which one
> is better, but I have used this expression in maybe ten or more
> places in the book, so changing just one is not really an
> improvement.

.i gonai ge le ce cusku cu baca'a vrici gi seni'ibo tolmelbi gi'e ku'i 
na se jatna
gi ge do bapli lenu le prosa cu mapti ledo tadji gi seku'ibo pamei le'i 
fuzme be le se cusku
.i caku ro nu cusku lo banzu be le ka pluja bei bau la lojban cu nu 
vlipa .i le nu vlipa cu .ei se fuzme .i le nu stika lei selsku be loi 
drata cu ji'a .ei se fuzme

And, may I add, no sympathy. If you've been Jorgeanising Pierre's 
stuff, I say we drop the pretense that the text is collaborative, and 
make you editor and be done with it. You can't both be one of the team 
and appropriating the end product, even if you did do 90% of the work. 
Conversely, if there is no notion of ownership of the text, then there 
is *nothing* preventing me restoring sane punctuation to the entire 
text tomorrow.

Not that I'd want nothing to do with a text that refuses to put dots 
before the i's anyway.

No smiley there, either.

Nick, curmudgeon.

***
"Relax."--"yIleS." [Three seconds pause.] "Stop Relaxing!"--"yIleSHa'!"
--- the Conversational Klingon tape. http://www.opoudjis.net
Dr Nick Nicholas. [email-masked] nIchyon jIH.
nIchyon SoHbe'. nIchyon ghaHbe'. nIchyon tlhIHbe'. nIchyon jIHqu'.