Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [Announcement] The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 14:30:57 +0000

la and cusku di'e

>#For good reason, that use of ji'i is in clear, _explicit_ violation
>#of the way the CLL defines ji'i. (Which happens to be quite useful.)
>
>I've just taken a quick peek at the refgram, & it looks as though 
>"approximately 2 or 3" would be {ji'i re bi'i ci}.

So {ji'i} selects a value from interval [2,3]?
I would tend to read that as an approximate interval, rather
than as an indeterminate value taken from a given interval.

>#More power to you, Pierre.
>
>In his cmavo preferences, I hope you mean, rather than in silently editing 
>xorxes's text.

I don't think Pierre was doing anything wrong. There's no
silent editing possible, as all changes are registered, and
it is likely that he was just restoring his original
translation anyway. (I don't remember which part this was from,
I took it as an example because it was the last change made.)
I just want a more clear policy on changes so that I know which
version of the translation I should try to maintain.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. 
http://www.hotmail.com