Subject: [lojban] Re: Standard Lojban (was: The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed) (fwd)

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:01:29 -0700

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 01:53:00PM -0400, Invent Yourself wrote:
> While I'm at it I might as well mention a habit that I think makes
> Lojban simpler, easier for students (most of us!), and remains well
> within the bounds of Standard Lojban. It is the eschewing of selbri
> SE. The places are hard enough to remember as they are, without the
> conversions. And there are ways to announce focus that are more
> lojbanic: ba'e, and UI.
> 
> In general, I think these collaborative and official documents should
> be written with the goal of being as "flat" as possible.

Huh.

Is that really easier for people? It doesn't help me one way or the
other at all.

But then, I don't have place structures memorized, in general.

I certainly don't mind doing it, but in a lot of places it's done
because an attempt is being made to imitate the English.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ http://www.lojban.org/
la lojban. jai curmi roda .einai to ku'i so'ada mukti le nu co'a
darlu le'o -- RLP I'm a *male* Robin.