Subject: [lojban] Re: [Announcement] The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:29:17 -0600

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:24:42PM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> 
> la camgusmis cusku di'e
> 
> >Then how would *you* say "23, where the 3 has been rounded off"?
> 
> I think it was something like {reciji'ima'u}, {recici'ini'u},
> depending on the type of rounding off. But I have never had
> the occasion to say something so odd yet. Plain {reciji'i}
> or {ji'ireci} would work for "around 23".

I have to relay figures with uncertainty like that on a regular basis
at work. (Where I work on software processing numerical data from a
research satellite. However anyone dealing with measurements and
uncertainty in them would love the official use of ji'i) I've got to
stumble around by saying things like "23, give or take the one's
place" and other such impreciseness. I'd kill to be able to say
"reji'ici" to coworkers.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>
UNIX is all about covering up
the fact that you can't type.