Subject: Re: [lojban] Final Translation Wiki Idea: PLEASE READ.

From: Robert LeChevalier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 20:12:58 -0400

At 05:02 PM 10/9/02 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>But I still want to do a translation wiki thing for other translation
>projects; what exactly those will be, I dunno you, but there you have
>it.
>
>So, unless people tell me now, I'm going with the above. Probably with
>1 day lock on each section of the work in question.

My only suggestion is that rather than working at "paragraph" or "chapter" 
level that you chose an intermediate: blocks of text of "page" size, where 
a page is no more than a chapter, no less than X lines, and starts and 
stops on a paragraph boundary. X can be determined by looking at what is 
typically a maximum workable wiki page size (no idea what that is), and 
dividing by 4 (allowing for 1 line of English to 1 line of Lojban to 1-2 
lines of comment).

lojbab

-- 
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org