Subject: [lojban] Re: Final Translation Wiki Idea: PLEASE READ.

From: Adam Raizen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:27:35 +0200

la camgusmis. cusku di'e

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:59:51AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > A possibility I'm currently considering is leaving chapters
together,
> > and having all the actualy translated text and TeXInfo markup
appear
> > in <verbatim>...</verbatim> tags (which is specific to TWiki).
> >
> > So, whole chapters together, comments mixed in with text
arbitrarily,
> > no need for the @c thing.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> OK. Alice is apparently a non-issue.
>
> But I still want to do a translation wiki thing for other
translation
> projects; what exactly those will be, I dunno you, but there you
have
> it.
>
> So, unless people tell me now, I'm going with the above. Probably
with
> 1 day lock on each section of the work in question.
>
> IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS, TELL ME NOW!
>
> Otherwise I'm very likely to tell you where to stuff it; setting
this
> stuff up is a *lot* of work.

If each chapter is together on one page, I don't have a problem with
it, but I think that 1 day is a bit long. If there's no other way to
solve the problem, then perhaps a couple of hours would be enough time
for a single session and not be too annoying for other people.

I think that your original gripe was not with cvs so much as it was
with the manner that cvs is accessed. The wiki markup commands don't
really add anything to the project; it seems to me that the ideal
solution would be a wiki interface to cvs (I know, easier said than
done.)

mu'o mi'e .adam.