Subject: [lojban] Re: Final Translation Wiki Idea: PLEASE READ.

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:51:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Robert LeChevalier wrote:

> At 05:02 PM 10/9/02 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >But I still want to do a translation wiki thing for other translation
> >projects; what exactly those will be, I dunno you, but there you have
> >it.
> >
> >So, unless people tell me now, I'm going with the above. Probably with
> >1 day lock on each section of the work in question.
>
> My only suggestion is that rather than working at "paragraph" or "chapter"
> level that you chose an intermediate: blocks of text of "page" size, where
> a page is no more than a chapter, no less than X lines, and starts and
> stops on a paragraph boundary. X can be determined by looking at what is
> typically a maximum workable wiki page size (no idea what that is), and
> dividing by 4 (allowing for 1 line of English to 1 line of Lojban to 1-2
> lines of comment).

I suppose you could go backwards: decide the duration of locking you want,
then figure a reasonable amount of text to translate during that duration,
and use that as the granularity.

-- 
Before Sept. 11 there was not the present excited talk about a strike
on Iraq. There is no evidence of any connection between Iraq and that
act of terrorism. Why would that event change the situation?
-- Howard Zinn