Subject: [lojban] Re: Again with the Alice.

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 21:49:06 -0500

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 10:18:19AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 09:10:06PM -0500, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 04:14:52PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
[...]
> > > I see no obvious solution. Do you have one?
> > 
> > How about making the RCS database public for people who prefer to edit
> > offline/not in a webbrowser/etc?
> 
> Oh, yeah, *that* would fix the locking problem...
> 
> ?!

This has nothing to do with the locking problem. It sidesteps it. If
araizen (or whoever wants to do offline or more convient editing) does
a cvs up (or whatever it is with RCS), they can edit at their leisure
and then commit later. If the file has changed since they checked it
out you get to do normal merging (which is far more preferable than just
saying "no you can't edit this").

> > For extra credit you could forward port the twiki code to use CVS
> > instead.
> 
> Heh.
> 
> You're welcome to write the code; I don't have time.

I would imagine if it uses an rcs repo it probably just uses system()
type function calls to do the access...? These could be simply replaced
with cvs equivalents...

If it is more complicated than that, I say fuck it. (And personally
I would prefer CVS to a wiki, but I've only done a *tiny* amount
of translation (some bible porn, mostly -- it's probably really bad
too since I did it a while ago) in the old CVS repo, so please
ignore me).

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku