Subject: [lojban] Re: Usage deciding (was: RE: Re: [Announcement] The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed

From: Jay F Kominek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:33:57 -0600

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 04:09:00AM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> There was something approximating a consensus that there should be a
> baseline, but not necessarily on the reasons for it existing (the
> extremes would be that the baseline is an absolute unchallengeable
> definition of the language and that the baseline is a vacuous PR
> gimmick). If it is true that content of the baseline ever
> represented a snapshot of what the consensus was at some point in
> time, that point in time must have antedated the baseline by several
> years, for in the five years prior to the baseline I don't recall
> there being any attempt to establish whether there was
> consensus. Rather, the content of the baseline was presented as a
> fait accompli that, by virtue of being a realization of antique
> Loglan goals, was immune from the need to be subject to consensus.

Having in the past read the meeting minutes extensively, I don't
recall anyone putting themselves on record as saying that the baseline
was a bad thing, or that it should not happen. Nor do I recall anyone
making motions to abandon it.

How about you make a motion (by proxy, if need be) next year to end
the baseline? If it is some how a fait accompli trick which has been
pulled over the poor unsuspecting membership, then you might actually
get a second for such a motion.

-- 
Jay Kominek <[email-masked]>