Subject: [lojban] Re: Final Translation Wiki Idea: PLEASE READ.

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:31:21 -0700

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 08:12:58PM -0400, Robert LeChevalier wrote:
> At 05:02 PM 10/9/02 -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >But I still want to do a translation wiki thing for other translation
> >projects; what exactly those will be, I dunno you, but there you have
> >it.
> >
> >So, unless people tell me now, I'm going with the above. Probably
> >with 1 day lock on each section of the work in question.
> 
> My only suggestion is that rather than working at "paragraph" or
> "chapter" level that you chose an intermediate: blocks of text of
> "page" size, where a page is no more than a chapter, no less than X
> lines, and starts and stops on a paragraph boundary. X can be
> determined by looking at what is typically a maximum workable wiki
> page size (no idea what that is), and dividing by 4 (allowing for 1
> line of English to 1 line of Lojban to 1-2 lines of comment).

The big disadvantage there is that it's a *lot* harder to deal with
programmatically.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ http://www.lojban.org/
la lojban. jai curmi roda .einai to ku'i so'ada mukti le nu co'a
darlu le'o -- RLP I'm a *male* Robin.