Subject: Re: Usage deciding

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:20:22 +1000

cu'u la xorxes.

>Could you remind us who the 7 members are? Is this 7-people consensus
>going to be representative of the opinions of the community at large?

Bob LeChevalier
Nora LeChevalier
John Cowan
John Clifford
Shawn Lasseter
Nick Nicholas
Cha^H^H^H :-) xod

If the membership doesn't think those 7 people are representative, 
the membership has the opportunity to vote in other reps at the next 
membership meeting.

Any significant issues should (IMO) be taken to membership for a vote 
as well. I believe this qualifies; there is ongoing debate on how 
much gets decided by board, how much by membership, and how much by 
other bodies.

-- 
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
* Dr Nick Nicholas, Linguistics/French & Italian [email-masked] *
University of Melbourne, Australia http://www.opoudjis.net
* "Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity of locutional rendering, the *
circumscriptional appelations are excised." --- W. Mann & S. Thompson,
* _Rhetorical Structure Theory: A Theory of Text Organisation_, 1987. *
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****