Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: [Announcement] The Alice Translation Has Moved And Changed

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 02:45:42 +0000

la nitcion cusku di'e

>I think Jorge taking control of the text and all is a good thing. I
>think I am likely to take huge issue with stuff he's done (I have
>already winced at a couple of things I saw in it last year), but it

I eagerly await the reviews!

>I think the reasonable thing to do is what we've done in Klingon for
>my stuff, and what Esperantists sometimes do, and should do more
>often: one person authors, one person reviews, and the author bears
>responsibility for accepting or rejecting comments.

Sometimes collaboration works though. I participated once in an
8-people translation into Esperanto, and it went pretty well,
even though some people did more than others, and in the end
one person was more or less the final editor, all was sorted
out as we went. The book was published and now that it has sold
out it is available online: http://ttt.esperanto.org/Ondo/Rato01.htm

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com