Subject: [lojban] Re: ka'enai

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 22:59:30 -0500

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 12:51:00PM +1000, Nick Nicholas wrote:
[...]
> Allow me to equivocate.
> 
> (1) Humans impose patterns on grammars. If you've been told that CAhA 
> is a tense as much as pu and fa'a; if you've seen that every single 
> other tense has NAI; if you see no logical reason why you wouldn't 
> say CAhA NAI, then of course you'll say CAhA NAI. I did.

But CAhA *isn't* actually the same as all other tenses. And neither
is fa'a the same as pu. You can't say "puzifa'abaca'apu". ca'a
*must* be at the end of the string of words in simple-tense-modal.
There are rules about where all the different tense-type words can
go as well.

VA and ZA and ZE'A can't take NAI either. I don't think this was
something which was simply forgotten. But it is nonimportant anyway:
it's better to have an imperfect language than no language at all.
Stability is neccesary.

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku