Subject: Wiki front page: Lojbanology

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:22:57 +0100

I'd like to propose and request that on the Wiki front page,
the heading "tinkering with Lojban" and all the subheadings
subordinate it to it be replaced by a single heading,
"Jboske (Lojbanology)", with all the replaced material being
moved to the "Jboske (Lojbanology)" page.

I'm posting the proposal to the list in case it's a touchy
issue, but I hope Jay will implement it.

Advantages are:

* The existence of tinkering wouldn't be advertised on the Front 
Page.
* Not everything that goes on under the heading of "tinkering"
is tinkering, so calling it "tinkering" casts things in an
unnecessarily negative light, especially to newcomers who find
tinkering offputting.
* The "Jboske (Lojbanology)" page can be edited and reorganized.
(The Front Page is kept locked, presumably to protect against
vandalism and sabotage.)
* The "Jboske (Lojbanology)" page would provide a place for 
antitinkering rants.

As things develop, the page could be organized to distinguish
stuff that is of interest to almost everyone (e.g. records of
the current consensus about the meaning of cmavo) from stuff
that is of interest only to hardline tinkerers and that is an
affront to hardline antitinkerers.

--And.