Subject: [lojban] Re: x1 is of type x2

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 13:56:06 +0100

!. I was trying to construct a lujvo for "brand":

"the champagne is rarely of a first-rate brand"

and felt I needed such a gismu here, though I am considering using
{branda}.

2. "It isn't the sort of thing one should talk of in private."

Here one can say 

"na bilga lo'edu'u tavla fa lo'e mibypre fi le'e du va'o lo sivni"

... but I would like to be able to capture the "sort of thing" of the
original. So I used {dzadanlu} as a lujvo for "x1 is of sort x2" --
I was fairly happy to base it on danlu; the dza was for lack of
anything better.

--And.

>>> [email-masked] 10/14/02 12:03pm >>>
On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 21:07:58 +0100
"And Rosta" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What is the brivla for "x1 is of type/variety/sort/kind x2"?
> 
> --And.

First, show me that there is need for such a brivla. I'm not so sure
that there is.

-- 
Theodore Reed (rizen/bancus) -==- http://surreality.us:8080/~rizen/ 
~GPG/PGP Signed/Encrypted Mail Preferred; Finger me for my public key!~

"Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one.
For, if you stare long into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche