Subject: [lojban] Re: x1 is of type x2

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:55:42 +0100

Jordan:
On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:56:06PM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
#> 2. "It isn't the sort of thing one should talk of in private."
#> 
#> Here one can say 
#> 
#> "na bilga lo'edu'u tavla fa lo'e mibypre fi le'e du va'o lo sivni"
#
#Also I think the original makes a stronger claim than "na bilga" (== it
#is false that should), so perhaps you should consider using a scalar
#negator. Something like
#	to'e bilga co tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
#	bilga co to'e tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
#	.einai tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
#	.e'i to'e tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
#	(or other such thing)

What stronger claim do you think the original makes? I'm not sure if 
I've missed something in the meaning.

The characters (who don't live in Lojbanistan, zo'o) have a style of 
not quite saying that which they wish to imply; they leave information 
to be inferred. For that reason I went for a literal transaltion instead 
of "it should be false that one talks" = "one shouldn't talk".

--And.