Subject: [lojban] Re: x1 is of type x2

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 23:56:38 +0100

Jordan:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:46:40AM -0500, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:56:06PM +0100, And Rosta wrote:
> [...]
> > Also I think the original makes a stronger claim than "na bilga" (== it
> > is false that should), so perhaps you should consider using a scalar
> > negator. Something like
> > to'e bilga co tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
> > bilga co to'e tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
> > .einai tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
> > .e'i to'e tavla fi le'e tai co'e va'o loi sivni
> > (or other such thing)
> 
> Or you could even just put it in the selbri tag place (for any of the
> above variants, (and others)):
> to'e bilga co tai tavla va'o loi sivni
> 
> Which is probably a lot better than "fi le'e tai co'e".

"tai tavla" would meant something like "talk in a zo'e-ish way",
whereas "tavla fi le'e tai co'e" would mean "talk about the co'e
of the zo'e sort", which seems a better translation (at least in
the context of manifold considerations about what makes for a
good translation).

What is the difference between {tai} and {se kai}? 

--And.