Subject: [lojban] Re: Reverse of ne'i?

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:03:12 -0500

On Sat, Oct 26, 2002 at 12:40:24AM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> la camgusmis cusku di'e
> >There seems to be no tense for 'outside'.
> 
> Probably {ne'inai}.

{ne'inai} is contrary negation. It simply says "it is false that
it is within", just like a na. This goes for PU and FAhA alike,
and there's an example specifically regarding this (ne'inai) in the
book (chap 10, ex 18.3).

This may or may not be sufficent for the use camgusmis was looking
for...

> But you can always use {fi'o se bartu}.
> {ne'i} is {fi'o se nenri}.

Note that NAhE are fine even on floating tenses, so you can also
use {to'e ne'i} to mean outside. (There's also an example of this
in the book; 18.6 same chap)

mu'o
-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku