Subject: [lojban] Re: <minor grumble> tirna .e pencu .e sumne .e viska .enai vrusi

From: Jordan DeLong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:28:08 -0600

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 11:36:47PM +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> la camgusmis cusku di'e
> >Why are all the sense words except vrusi agentive?
> 
> Ah, you're discovering the joys of the gi'uste irregularities!
> 
> {vrusi} belongs to another series:

There's more than one irregularity here: tirna3 is ... err ...
lame. And viska3 is ... lame. Of course, {snaga'e} and {jviga'e}
are usable for a regular structure, no?

I think the real problem here is that a keyword like "taste" can
give the wrong impression. Unlike "sound" and "to hear", "taste"
in english can mean both.

> sance - tirna
> tengu - te'urga'e
> panci - sumne
> jvinu - viska
> vrusi - vu'irga'e

Someone outta put these into learning materials somewhere. ;P
For structures which all match in the right column we can also
have:
sance - snaga'e
tengu - tegyga'e
panci - panga'e
jvinu - vinga'e
vrusi - vusyga'e

Of course; the gismu which fill some of your right-hand column are
still useful for their rafsi.

Regarding the structure:

.i pe'ipei zo vu'irga'e zo'u ko'a ganse ko'e noi se vrusi ko'i

Maybe with a ko'o ko'u for ganse3-4; but I'd rather elim. it as an
irrelevant place (ji'a you can get them with {ta'i} and {va'o}).

> I'm not sure {pencu} really belongs there.

I agree; it's the same keyword thing again too.
*mumbles about how we need more definition info for gismu*

-- 
Jordan DeLong - [email-masked]
lu zo'o loi censa bakni cu terzba le zaltapla poi xagrai li'u
sei la mark. tuen. cusku