Subject: [lojban] CVS files

From: "Newton, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 12:40:27 +0100

Just FYI:

I got WinCVS working with the Lojban CVS repository and noticed that some
files were apparently stored in the wrong mode.

This included two images in the "phrasebook" directory and two ZIP files in
the "translations/originals" directory which were stored as text (keyword
substitution mode "kv") rather than as binary (mode "b"), so when I checked
them out with WinCVS it corrupted them. I changed the mode on those files.

Also in the "translations/originals" were files which were, presumably,
stored with CRLF line endings in the repository, which turned into CRCRLF on
Windows. I changed those back to CRLF and committed a new version (which
presumably gets stored as simply LF in the -- Unix -- repository).

This will probably not affect anyone who's working under Unix, but may
affect people with local CVS working copies on a Windows or Mac machine. If
so, you may wish to update your working copy by running "cvs update -A" in
the "lojban" directory (or simply in the two affected subdirectories
"lojban/phrasebook" and "lojban/translations/originals").

(Note that the -A flag to update will affect not only the keyword
substitution mode but also, if I understand correctly, the sticky flag,
which is only important AIUI if you checked out a specific, older version of
a file by revision, date, or tag.)

If you have questions, feel free to email me. (Preferably at home :
"Philip.Newton vi gmx.net", since CVS doesn't work from work, which is where
I am subscribed to the mailing list. Though since I'm on NOMAIL/VACATION at
the moment, emailing me a copy may be a good idea anyway if you want to
respond to this message.)

mu'omi'e filip.
[email copies appreciated, since I read the digest]
{ko fukpi mrilu fi mi ki'u le du'u mi te mrilu le notseljmaji}
-- 
filip.niutyn. <[email-masked]>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.