Subject: [lojban] Re: What the heck is this crap?

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 03:30:42 -0000

Robin:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 07:23:21PM -0600, Jordan DeLong wrote:
> > pe'i this is all book lojban, though perhaps slightly hard to grok
> > from the pages 
> 
> "Slightly hard" is a massive understatement 
> 
> This means that FA and SE can both change the actual meaning of
> sentences 
> 
> This is not explicitely stated anywhere, except maybe briefly in Chapter
> 16, whereas it is apparently something that needs to be kept in mind at
> all times 
> 
> I repeat my request for an errata 

It's not an erratum. It falls outside the scope of what the book
promises to deliver. (The book does deliver what it promises.)

Lojbans Central and Peripheral have said loud and clear many times
that the semantics is incomplete (both in the sense that stuff that
has been decided hasn't been properly documented, and in the sense
that a lot of stuff hasn't even been decided). The way for it to be
completed is both through usage and through jboske (by which I mean
not that group of a**holes on that other list, bur rather the 
process of deducing what has not been decided from what has been 
decided). Lojban is not a finished product. You are part of the
process of bringing it into being.

--And.