Subject: Re: What the heck is this crap?

From: Nick Nicholas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:06:03 +1100

cu'u la djorden.

>I agree-sorta; I think the introductory lessons for lojban should
>include an explaination of quantifier scope (perhaps I'll write
>some learning foo which explains quantifier scope and such) and
>that this stuff should've been clearer in the book.

I disagree. This does not belong in _Lojban for Beginners_. This 
belongs in Chapter 1 of _Lojban for Intermediates_. In fact, this 
kind of thing (and how gadri and quantification work in general) 
would be one of the major things to cover in such a text.

Btw, yes, I am sort of saying I may work on _Lojban for 
Intermediates_ one day. But not this year.
-- 
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****
* Dr Nick Nicholas, Linguistics/French & Italian [email-masked] *
University of Melbourne, Australia http://www.opoudjis.net
* "Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity of locutional rendering, the *
circumscriptional appelations are excised." --- W. Mann & S. Thompson,
* _Rhetorical Structure Theory: A Theory of Text Organisation_, 1987. *
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****